Author Topic: Does anyone here actually subscribe to Sam's gumroad or Charls.World?  (Read 427 times)

Offline Lucid

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Saw the trailer for KSTV2 and thought it looked pretty good, might have to finally check it out. I haven't seen anything coming from Sam or Charls that I would want to put the money down for, honestly I don't really know what direction Charls is going with anymore besides the streams and the talk show thing which don't seem like the kind of stuff to put behind a paywall. None of Sam's post World Peace stuff I've seen has really caught my attention either but the first KSTV had some great moments so who knows.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is does anyone think the content Sam and Chuck are making is worth the price of entry? It's hard to know what's going on with them since everything is so fractured at this point.

Powerful Bad Boys

Offline cantlivinalivingroom

• POWERFUL BAD BOY
  • Administrator
  • BE QUIET, BECAUSE CHURCH IS IN SESSION
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone here actually subscribe to Sam's gumroad or Charls.World?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 09:58:26 pm »
i would not in a million years give a single cent to sam

Macbook Pro 15 Inch, Google Pixel 3 with Spigen Neo Hybrid Designed for Google Pixel 3 Case (2018) - Gunmetal

Offline Quate

• I want to fuck the Angry Birds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 12:58:48 am »
I signed up for Sam's gumroad a while back and was too lazy to cancel it. So I still have it. I occasionally check in to see the newest thing he's released, and it's usually aight.

Offline Mind Jelqer

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 02:26:03 am »
I subbed for a while, then I realized I had better things to do than play videogames and watch Sam ramble for an hour and intentionally waste time. KSTV 2 will probably be good. I might resub when it's out to snatch it up. Still, it's probably just gonna be him talking shit on some idiots. I'm tired of thinking about what retards are doing on the internet.

Offline fRB17B$N!xiTBJVW

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 12:53:17 pm »
yeah both, although I haven't gotten around to archiving either yet. I feel dirty not having a complete archive.

Offline Winky(AFK 6 Months)

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 06:51:50 pm »
I don't know about Charlsworld, if he is getting paid to do nearly nothing, more power to him.

Plenty of suckers out there that have the phone company or cellphone company etc charge them 5 dollars a month and they forget to cancel it. People make their livings selling junk and hoping people forget about it on their credit card. Plenty of rich or hard working people out there to leach off of.

That was the case with Sam. I mean if he could sit down for half an hour each month and make a video that is not just a repetition of a former video, which is honestly not a difficult task, then he has business being in the business. But he literally set up a camera in a kitchen once when him and his friend were cooking and kind of just like, talked at the camera. Something literally anyone could do. I talk to people on Skype like that. And that's your monthly content, that's 5 dollars apparently.

I don't see it

Offline Lucid

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 12:05:05 am »
yeah both, although I haven't gotten around to archiving either yet. I feel dirty not having a complete archive.

Does Charls actually do anything? It just seems like he has no real vision for where things are going. He was doing Bombstrap but that hasn't been updated in forever. He was doing those talk shows recently but he stopped after 4. Is there something behind the paywall I don't know about? Honestly I'd pay out if he was actually doing something besides streaming public domain movies on twitch.

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 01:26:00 am »

Does Charls actually do anything? It just seems like he has no real vision for where things are going. He was doing Bombstrap but that hasn't been updated in forever. He was doing those talk shows recently but he stopped after 4. Is there something behind the paywall I don't know about? Honestly I'd pay out if he was actually doing something besides streaming public domain movies on twitch.

he's just a genetically bright, but typically unmotivated visual, like us for the most part. If there was some phenomenally outstanding or hardworking aspect to be seen, you would see it. It's not like you are gonna open up this paywall and see a plethora of content. It doesn't exist, because he is lazy.

He could produce good solo content, obviously its better if he has buddies in his sketches etc, but he could make good solo commentary of star trek or news or whatever. He could host a podcast. I'm not sure what else he's doing in his life. Maybe he is working a 9-5 or maybe he just sleeps in bed. But its certainly not hard at work to make a youtube video.

Offline Qurosh

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 10:13:14 am »
I bought the fist KSTV but was severely disappointed.  I bought his book and an MDE t-shirt though.
;)

Offline ralph

• Administrator
  • WELCOME TO 2002 - LIFE IS STILL MEANINGLESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 07:52:45 pm »
i would not in a million years give a single cent to sam
+1

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 11:41:33 pm »
I bought the fist KSTV but was severely disappointed.  I bought his book and an MDE t-shirt though.

Sam sent out a new message to all his gumroad subscribers after he read the message I posted. I feel honored and hope he fetches lots of paypig suckers. The alpha strong clever peepz survive and da nigs become paypigs. LOL. rock on sam

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 01:40:18 am »
and there you go charls also saw my video and released a new bombstrap video. really puttin the flames to their feet

Offline PunchingArianaGrande

• bad baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 09:59:41 am »
I had a gumroad sub for a few months, now that he actually uploads somewhat regularly it's probably worth it, which after a while it wasn't for me.

Theatre of the Aire is probably good, KSTV2 will probably be likewise. Some of the Crush500 episodes had very funny parts.

Charls.world is at least $10 / month right now, which isn't worth it considering the premium videos still go to bombstrap. Better off buying bombstrap merch if you want to support him IMO

Offline fRB17B$N!xiTBJVW

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2019, 04:22:46 pm »
if charls was still /mde/ I wouldn't pay for charls.world but I feel like it's the only way to keep him from going Texas Toast. unlike u poor niggas I make enough that $20 a month doesn't cross my mind

Offline NeedEvolution

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2019, 09:28:25 pm »
I was under the impression that paying for that kind of content was strictly for twinks.

Has that changed? Because I would really love to partake in this thing you guys occasionally call comedy.

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2019, 09:28:25 pm »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal