Author Topic: r/mde: the aftermath  (Read 341 times)

Offline DEA Agent Rockerfeller

• bad boy
    • View Profile
r/mde: the aftermath
« on: April 10, 2019, 05:12:36 am »
Yo, I don't know what this Craigslist shit is, but I just wanted to say, from 2016-2018, I was a regular poster to r/mde. That community, along with the boy's videos have had a profound effect of me. I used to be a directionless stoner who felt sorry for myself, but things changed. I began to learn a lot from you guys, change my view on politics, valued my health more(I'd already begun working out, but I got motivation there), work towards goals and actually created shit I wanted to.

I'm still a fuckup but I'm working stuff out and I will wholeheartedly say: this community, and those associated with it, made me a better person.

I find it interesting that Clownworld is a normie meme now, considering it was a staple term there back in 2017. I think we had a big influence on culture.
I will also admit that the sub lost it's way too.

The goal of MDE, in my opinion, it to value honesty, question authority and challenge yourself.
Spamming "da joos" memes all day became reductive and began to affect me mentally.
I just became blackpilled by late stage r/mde... and that sucked.

I browsed r/powerfulbadboys a bit too, it was alright.
I hope this place is good. I need a forum to vent that isn't fucking 4chan.

Share your r/mde stories and memories, or just call me a faggot. I need to see how this site works.

Powerful Bad Boys

r/mde: the aftermath
« on: April 10, 2019, 05:12:36 am »

Offline PunchingArianaGrande

• bad baby
    • View Profile
Re: r/mde: the aftermath
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 10:40:23 am »
Your username does seem familiar... The sight of it.

I evacuated reddit after MDB was taken down, that was the last straw for me.

But yeah, pre-invasion r/mde was special. There was so much joy. Sam frequently replied to posts and gave updates, and there was the infectious World Peace hype. It felt like the world held promise for rats such as myself. As soon as people started making the posts trying to get onto the frontpage, I knew it was time to go.

MDB was like early r/MDE, minus Sam. An excellent place. If I had nowhere to schizopost last year I don't know what my outlet would have been.

This place is nice too. I don't know if it's possible for me to ever get the same feeling I had around the r/MDE days, and as much as schizoposting gave me a kind of masochistic pleasure on MDB, it's probably for the best if I don't go down that road again. It's still nice for me to have somewhere to kind of check in with like-minded people when I need to.

Offline fRB17B$N!xiTBJVW

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 04:17:29 pm »
r/mde post world peace was burning hellfire, I don't remember anything fond about it

Offline pterois

• idontevenwatchmde
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 02:17:35 am »
Nighthawks death attracted a lot of r/neolibs and I think that is when the sub got the "alt-right" branding. This was around the same time wacky joe got the show canned I think.

The one thing that weirded me out was the surprising number of lefties and chapos in r/mde. They only ever did peek their heads out a couple times. The last time I ever saw them was when the murder of Daniel Shaver was posted. People unironically saying "ACAB, fuck America and fuck bootlickers" was unlike anything else in the sub at that time.

Also big up Gadsden. Probably my favorite late r/mde goon.

Offline VelvetSphincter

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 01:25:42 pm »
It was so easy to get positive reddit karma on their.

I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends

Online Lucid

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 06:26:28 pm »
I initially found MDE back in maybe 2012 or 13 through a recommendation on the Mega64 podcast. Watched through Williamsburg, B&E cribs and everything I could find. Honestly it went over my head at first but it grew on me. Later on I found the subreddit back when it was less than 5k subscribers. Small enough that there'd only really be a handful of posts every day and you'd generally recognize the same few usernames everywhere. The entire vibe of that place was completely different from what it became later on, almost unrecognizable. It's a tragedy that it will basically only be remembered as one of many alt right forums on the internet. That's not why I subbed in the beginning at all. There was always so much raw energy, creativity and humor on there that was completely absent from anywhere else. There was talk of politics but it was usually a lot of disparate voices all bantering back and forth, nothing like the masturbatory meme echoing that it was later on. There was like one Nazi on there but he was honestly probably just schizophrenic. It's a shame that all of that early energy will be forgotten now. Seeing all the creative people there in those early days directly inspired me to pick up more creative aspirations. I don't really think that constructive energy like that can really exist in communities whose thought and identity are reliant on the echoing words of ideologues, which is hard to avoid these days unfortunately.

Offline pterois

• idontevenwatchmde
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 08:45:22 pm »
It was so easy to get positive reddit karma on their.

Fuck, I have tens of thousands of reddit points from that sub lol. All you had to do was post "mmm braaaaap" on the obligatory daily post of an obese woman. I knew the sub was dying when I got downvoted and called a degenerate for brapposting. Of course brapposting was a /fit/ meme that was appropriated by post WP r/mde, it still was telling of just how much the pseudo-righteous r/cringeanarchy wignats had taken over. 

Offline Username

• hey it me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 04:07:13 pm »
Nighthawks death attracted a lot of r/neolibs and I think that is when the sub got the "alt-right" branding. This was around the same time wacky joe got the show canned I think.

The one thing that weirded me out was the surprising number of lefties and chapos in r/mde. They only ever did peek their heads out a couple times. The last time I ever saw them was when the murder of Daniel Shaver was posted. People unironically saying "ACAB, fuck America and fuck bootlickers" was unlike anything else in the sub at that time.

Also big up Gadsden. Probably my favorite late r/mde goon.
Cops are not your friends and will kill you for a paycheck

Offline Mind Jelqer

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 06:51:36 pm »
Nighthawks death

What the hell? Wasn't that a hoax, or am I mixing this up with somebody else?

Offline franktjmaxx

• rad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2019, 10:07:39 pm »
Nighthawks death

What the hell? Wasn't that a hoax, or am I mixing this up with somebody else?

Yeah it was just a joke that attracted attention to the sub

Offline Mind Jelqer

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2019, 11:33:56 pm »
Is he still around? So many of us have been banned or just changed names it's hard to keep up. Fuck those were some fun days. I'm havin' more fun now, but I do sorta miss it.

Offline Username

• hey it me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 09:42:56 pm »
CA just added mods that also mod tranny and leftist subreddits lol

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 09:42:56 pm »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal