Author Topic: Who wants to try the Deathwatch RPG with me?  (Read 165 times)

Offline VelvetSphincter

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
Who wants to try the Deathwatch RPG with me?
« on: April 22, 2019, 08:27:14 pm »
I found the Deathwatch RPG core rules at a used bookstore. It's basically dungeons and dragons with space marines in the 40k setting. It all about killing aliens. We could do it over Skype, or Discord. I still need to read all the stuff on it. Could be cool.

I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends

Powerful Bad Boys

Who wants to try the Deathwatch RPG with me?
« on: April 22, 2019, 08:27:14 pm »

Offline Username

• hey it me
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to try the Deathwatch RPG with me?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 09:42:27 pm »
Why not do it over Tabletop Sim if you have that

Offline VelvetSphincter

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 11:17:40 pm »
Roll20 or something would work better. Its free.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 11:19:34 pm by VelvetSphincter »

I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends

Offline Username

• hey it me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 12:12:28 am »
(((free)))

Offline VelvetSphincter

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 01:31:34 am »
Tabletop sim would ruin it with all the physics shit

Offline 0_-

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 08:58:55 pm »
why not learn how to make your own rpg? we are right leaning people but we want to maintain an artistic side, at least that is the vibe this place gives off. well computer automation is gonna take over the future so you have to l e a r n  t o  c o d e . . . but making a game allows you to include various artistic elements such as music, textures, could even including paintings etc in your video game houses etc. and all the while you can spend time learning c#. with a couple of courses on udemy and no real need to go to university for it. i like tod vachev's c# courses. then there are some good c# unity courses on there. you can just wait for 90% off sales which happen all the time on udemy and you have a couple months of learning ahead of you for like 20 bucks. coding seems a little dystopian to some of you but i honestly made my first computer game when i was between age 11-12, if i had been true to my interest from that age onward then i would be having no problems today. second best time to plant a tree is today. not all of it is fun but the satisfaction in life comes from years of hard work doing something you don't want to do, then becoming proficient at it and having a lot less trouble with it. and those years of hard work serve as insulation to protect you from all the lazy masses of untamed people. even when everyone loses their job to computer automation, there won't be a flood of high skilled programmers, because not everyone is gonna be cut out for it. they are too lazy and too stupid.

anyways, now is the chance to embrace it positively and become excellent at it before the masses come swarming in. you have a chance to combine your interests with art etc. you may even be able to profit off it, if its good, put it on steam after. who knows, you might be able to produce something that really stands out. notch became rich after one of his games unexpectedly took off, because he was the only one capable of producing an actually good game.
High Intellect, Low Income (Angry)

"If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned."

https://inspirobot.me/mindfulnessmode

Offline VelvetSphincter

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 09:05:21 pm »
why not learn how to make your own rpg? we are right leaning people but we want to maintain an artistic side, at least that is the vibe this place gives off. well computer automation is gonna take over the future so you have to l e a r n  t o  c o d e . . . but making a game allows you to include various artistic elements such as music, textures, could even including paintings etc in your video game houses etc. and all the while you can spend time learning c#. with a couple of courses on udemy and no real need to go to university for it. i like tod vachev's c# courses. then there are some good c# unity courses on there. you can just wait for 90% off sales which happen all the time on udemy and you have a couple months of learning ahead of you for like 20 bucks. coding seems a little dystopian to some of you but i honestly made my first computer game when i was between age 11-12, if i had been true to my interest from that age onward then i would be having no problems today. second best time to plant a tree is today. not all of it is fun but the satisfaction in life comes from years of hard work doing something you don't want to do, then becoming proficient at it and having a lot less trouble with it. and those years of hard work serve as insulation to protect you from all the lazy masses of untamed people. even when everyone loses their job to computer automation, there won't be a flood of high skilled programmers, because not everyone is gonna be cut out for it. they are too lazy and too stupid.

anyways, now is the chance to embrace it positively and become excellent at it before the masses come swarming in. you have a chance to combine your interests with art etc. you may even be able to profit off it, if its good, put it on steam after. who knows, you might be able to produce something that really stands out. notch became rich after one of his games unexpectedly took off, because he was the only one capable of producing an actually good game.

talking about a tabletop RPG that we would play through Roll20. I'm going to school for computer science, and learning all the skills for making games is on my personal catalog. I just thought deathwatch would be a fun way to connect with you guys.

Offline 0_-

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 12:37:53 pm »

this is the game i'm playing right now

www.gdleac.com

once you get it installed you need to make an account on hightide and let me know so i can send you the discord link

all mmorpgs can be life absorbing, but without some sort of relaxation tool no one makes it through a hard program

"If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned."

Offline 0_-

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 01:01:25 pm »
this is how intense it can get

Offline PunchingArianaGrande

• bad baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 08:57:52 am »

This is the type of 0_- posting we need

Offline NeedEvolution

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 01:30:30 pm »

You'll be happy to hear that I am forcing myself to taking programming and statistics courses much more than I "need" to as a genetics major.

It is ridiculous that programming and statistical analysis isn't a huge part of requirements for STEM majors. They're the single most powerful set of tools that a scientist can have, besides maybe being really good at gathering money from different sources for projects.

Offline franktjmaxx

• rad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 01:40:59 pm »
Legit if any of you have RPG ideas or something I would get involved. I don't have much for RPG ideas but if someone plants a seed I can sperg out some ideas. I'll be the ideas man

Offline 0_-

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2019, 11:47:05 pm »

You'll be happy to hear that I am forcing myself to taking programming and statistics courses much more than I "need" to as a genetics major.

It is ridiculous that programming and statistical analysis isn't a huge part of requirements for STEM majors. They're the single most powerful set of tools that a scientist can have, besides maybe being really good at gathering money from different sources for projects.

oh yeah definitely, even just the basics are very important, to be able to put information into list and arrays and have them plotted on some sort of x and y graph. its kind of dissapointing to see that every sort of scientist etc has to go down this route of having to learn all this crap. not everyone has a natural inclination or interest in learning computer programming.

luckily i do, i programmed my first game when i was 12. it's unfortunate that i didnt feed my interest more back then and stay off drugs

but I guess those with no interest in it will suck in it and not really stick with it. it's becoming required in many fields but they will run out of people who are capable/disciplined/interested in learning it and then the pay will skyrocket accordingly.

having that skill definitely increases your worth immensely. especially when it becomes second nature and you become very used to working in the environment.

in order to keep my interests up i feel like i need to switch between different projects. for example yesterday i spent some time working on my raspberry p camera systemi, so i was using dos prompt, bash, python, linux, etc. but the language i'm trying to learn right now is python

i added two cron jobs yesterday, one to check and make sure the temperature is low, and the other to wipe off all the photos every day

the photo bit didn't work, and i'm not sure if the temperature thing worked

teh other cronjob for backing up the photos works though

but yeah the most fun when switching between different languages and projects. i got hung up on my udemy course because i wan't really doing anything practical with it, just following along. then i had to move my raspberry pi and camera because it was getting too hot where it was, it being spring. now it's moved to a cooler environment but needs some tweaking in its new setup.

so kind of fun to have different projects like that on the go. the key is to make things you are interested in and think are cool, then the learning comes naturally. i'm trying to force myself through udemy, but honestly in university i abused stimulants to force myself through my degree program, and that kind of altered me negatively in a big way, numbed down my emotions and made me less spiritual than normal. i hated it. and now that ive graduated i dont want to force myself to learn like that.

pretty sure i could make 100 million dollars in my lifetime if i just abused stimulants and studied programming, given the routine and how effective it is for learning, but no one would want to be the thing that i would be if i had done that. it mutates you, there is no coming back from that

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2019, 11:47:05 pm »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal