Author Topic: King Warrior Magician Lover  (Read 176 times)

Offline PunchingArianaGrande

• bad baby
    • View Profile
King Warrior Magician Lover
« on: May 01, 2019, 07:53:30 am »
I've seen it recommended a lot here.
Has anyone had any success with the "Active Imagination Dialogue" technique they outline at the end? Or do you treat it purely as a "philosophical" book rather than a self-improvement one?

Also a general KWML discussion if there's anything y'all want to say about it.

Powerful Bad Boys

King Warrior Magician Lover
« on: May 01, 2019, 07:53:30 am »

Offline 0_-

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
Re: King Warrior Magician Lover
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 10:34:20 pm »
I've been reading "The Sovereign Individual: Mastering the Transition to the Information Age" which was a book written in the late 90s I think, someone recommended it in the circles we frequent and I bought it on a complete whim, but its a very interesting book and "prophetic" in a way, as much as predicting that computers will change the world could be. Its a good book for two reasons, it kind of lays out the sort of skills you will need to develop in order to survive in the future environment. It also gives you an outlook of the lay of the land in the future, what your environment will be like, what role will government actually serve, etc. It seems like it might be a nice tie in book with KWML, I mean that is a book that people have been reading for 30 years now without the imminent thread of having their job automated by a computer, this book I am talking about was written 10 years later with a tech focus

anyways didnt mean to throw you off the scent here, this is just the book I am reading right now, and again recommended to me within these circles and i immediately bought it on a whim because i havent read anything in a while. it didnt dissapoint yet
High Intellect, Low Income (Angry)

"If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned."

https://inspirobot.me/mindfulnessmode

• bad baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 06:36:19 am »
I've been reading "The Sovereign Individual: Mastering the Transition to the Information Age" which was a book written in the late 90s I think, someone recommended it in the circles we frequent and I bought it on a complete whim, but its a very interesting book and "prophetic" in a way, as much as predicting that computers will change the world could be. Its a good book for two reasons, it kind of lays out the sort of skills you will need to develop in order to survive in the future environment. It also gives you an outlook of the lay of the land in the future, what your environment will be like, what role will government actually serve, etc. It seems like it might be a nice tie in book with KWML, I mean that is a book that people have been reading for 30 years now without the imminent thread of having their job automated by a computer, this book I am talking about was written 10 years later with a tech focus

anyways didnt mean to throw you off the scent here, this is just the book I am reading right now, and again recommended to me within these circles and i immediately bought it on a whim because i havent read anything in a while. it didnt dissapoint yet

Sounds interesting. It does seem like it could tie in with KWML in the sense that it's about what we need to do to adapt to modern problems... I'll make a note of it

Offline Rich Sweet

• deserve nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 09:54:43 am »
I've seen it recommended a lot here.
Has anyone had any success with the "Active Imagination Dialogue" technique they outline at the end? Or do you treat it purely as a "philosophical" book rather than a self-improvement one?

Also a general KWML discussion if there's anything y'all want to say about it.

Glad you checked it out. I don’t do the dialogue thing cause I don’t have the imagination or concentration to go through with it but I have developed rituals to commune with the different aspects and I use images of kings, warriors etc to visualize the ideal, right now I’m reading Gilgamesh as a companion to KWML and I’ve had a lot of insights to the meaning especially after reading Iron John which I also strongly recommend. I watch a lot of low budget 80s ninja movies as well, they have a certain earnestness about them that I like and they are centered around living lawful lives (in the sense of the ninja code, not like the legal law system)

• bad baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 01:15:02 pm »
Glad you checked it out. I don’t do the dialogue thing cause I don’t have the imagination or concentration to go through with it but I have developed rituals to commune with the different aspects and I use images of kings, warriors etc to visualize the ideal, right now I’m reading Gilgamesh as a companion to KWML and I’ve had a lot of insights to the meaning especially after reading Iron John which I also strongly recommend. I watch a lot of low budget 80s ninja movies as well, they have a certain earnestness about them that I like and they are centered around living lawful lives (in the sense of the ninja code, not like the legal law system)

That sounds like a good way to handle the "invocation" they outline.
I'll probably have to spend more time on it all to fully get the value from the book but even reading it the first time, I was identifying with a lot of what they were saying.
I'll give Iron John a look, thanks

Offline Rich Sweet

• deserve nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 07:38:07 pm »
I’ve tried a lot of other self help stuff and was in therapy for a while and had meds and tried psychedelics etc but the jungian psychomythological method has really worked for me where everything else has failed and I have a suspicion that it’s because it speaks to things I was aligned with very early on, especially the aesthetic of kings and warriors and magicians and wild men and gods and monsters, my earliest memories are of playing with LEGO castle sets, building kingdoms and designing the army and identifying the bad guys, I’m autistic

Offline Mind Jelqer

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 10:42:39 am »
I'm curious, do some of you guys watch Elisha Long on youtube, or are these books just a meme in self improvement circles?

• bad baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 12:16:48 pm »
I'm curious, do some of you guys watch Elisha Long on youtube, or are these books just a meme in self improvement circles?

I haven't heard of him, but yeah, KWML is a staple "reading' in almost every self-help community for men to can find.
Sam also talked about it, Charls probably has read it as well given what he often talks about, so it has some MDE relevance.

Offline Mind Jelqer

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 02:20:07 pm »
Cool. I've been meaning to check it out. The idea of maintaining balance between these archetypes and the different ways they express themselves is neat. I'm currently reading The Way of Men. I have Meditations next to me too. I've been thinking a lot about self-improvement and actively self-improving for a little over a year now. I want to incorporate these themes into the fiction I'm writing.

Offline 0_-

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 11:10:20 pm »
I’ve tried a lot of other self help stuff and was in therapy for a while and had meds and tried psychedelics etc but the jungian psychomythological method has really worked for me where everything else has failed and I have a suspicion that it’s because it speaks to things I was aligned with very early on, especially the aesthetic of kings and warriors and magicians and wild men and gods and monsters, my earliest memories are of playing with LEGO castle sets, building kingdoms and designing the army and identifying the bad guys, I’m autistic

trying psychedelics is literally jew crap brah. Joe Rogan peddles DMT all the time. such people want your destruction. avoid all drugs, alcohol, masturbation etc. maybe have a couple shots on the weekend to deal with the stress of life, nothing more, literally

"If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned."

Offline Rich Sweet

• deserve nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2019, 07:17:24 am »

trying psychedelics is literally jew crap brah. Joe Rogan peddles DMT all the time. such people want your destruction. avoid all drugs, alcohol, masturbation etc. maybe have a couple shots on the weekend to deal with the stress of life, nothing more, literally

Yeah I quit drugs a year ago, I drink a little more than I should but not excessively. The drug lobby is designed to induce anxioparanoic hysteria in otherwise intelligent but neurotic  people

Offline 0_-

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2019, 04:42:26 pm »

Yeah I quit drugs a year ago, I drink a little more than I should but not excessively. The drug lobby is designed to induce anxioparanoic hysteria in otherwise intelligent but neurotic  people

Canada recently legalized marijuana, which is literally just meant to make the goy cattle stupid and unable to recognize who the Jewish rulers are. I am guessing there are some tokers on this board and I don't mean to initialized anxiety, turmoil, depression etc, but you should also quit for reasons beyond politics. Lastly, you develop a lot of tolerance immediately to weed and it becomes a second state of sobriety that costs a lot of money. I remember when I was smoking, I would only be "high" for about 5 minutes and then I would just get super tired and lazy for the rest of the day.

People actually get higher when they are sober, it's just that you have to do things that are interesting and mind bending. Like reading OP's book for example. Or in the long term learning how to meditate, which is the opposite polarity of drug use but a lot harder, super sobriety, you can see images of objective reality. Visions from drugs are subjective infradimensional perceptions.

Now all that being said, even having not smoked weed for many years, I constantly think about wanting to smoke it. That's how I judge if I am making progress, the more my desire to smoke it (to relieve stress) goes up, the more progress I know I am making. I never actually ever smoke it though, that's just my pressure gauge that I try to keep high.

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2019, 04:42:26 pm »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal