Author Topic: Curated list of bad boy youtube channels  (Read 290 times)

Offline Lucid

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Curated list of bad boy youtube channels
« on: May 29, 2019, 12:58:44 am »
Starting a list of quality YouTube content. Feel free to add your recommendations. Will add more from suggestions or if I think of more.

FUNNY

ARTSY/AESTHETIC/???

REVIEW CHANNELS

INTERNET HISTORY/DEEP DIVES

ASCENDED
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 01:05:45 am by Lucid »

Powerful Bad Boys

Curated list of bad boy youtube channels
« on: May 29, 2019, 12:58:44 am »

Offline pterois

• idontevenwatchmde
    • View Profile
Re: Curated list of bad boy youtube channels
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 01:55:52 am »
Been keeping up with Gothic King Cobra. He's not a good youtuber, but the GKC compilation channel is great. Bitesize Cobra Vids.

Looking back at the documentary, it's wild seeing how much he has decayed. Even a couple years ago he wasn't as bad as he is now.

Offline MommyBuster69

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 04:02:04 am »
Guru Larry is pretty great.

Offline robot randy

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 05:58:28 pm »
Be nice to me productions has been putting out some real good stuff, Value Select as well

Civvie 11 is a pretty decent game review channel, i like the graphics and presentation a lot

Offline npc_terryv2.FINAL

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 11:01:07 pm »
Can't believe I've never seen sadworld. Insane edits

Offline Lucid

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 03:14:33 am »
For explorations of the lost worlds and dark corners of The Wired check out Vinesauce. There's something about those old web games that give you such dread.

Offline franktjmaxx

• rad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 06:12:48 pm »
There's something about those old web games that give you such dread.

something i feel all the time that i dont see people talk about. any time i see something from my childhood that isnt something i still enjoy or appreciate, i just get this strong sense of dread. like the fucking shovelware garbage games i used to play sometimes or the processed chemical sugar bombs i would love to eat. i was watching the movie boyhood and they had these pillowcases with dinosaurs on them that i used to have and it made me so uncomfortable in ways that only this kind of stuff can. Its fucking bizarre. Its like negative nostalgia

Offline pterois

• idontevenwatchmde
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 08:46:23 pm »
For explorations of the lost worlds and dark corners of The Wired check out Vinesauce. There's something about those old web games that give you such dread.

There is a Team Fortress Classic Server that I go on when I notice it's populated. It only runs really long custom adventure maps, no normal TFC gamemodes like ctf and deathmatch.

There is a series of (around) 7 maps based on the smurfs that make up an incredibly difficult 6-10 hour long multiplayer platforming/puzzle-solving adventure (when played in order). The goal is to locate and save smart Smurf.

One night I decided to hop on and play on this server Just as they had started the first level. I still have never managed to beat this series of levels all the way through.

Anyway, in the first level, you are given the task of locating a map that will lead you on the path to finding the smart smurf. After we found the map, a gate to the next area opens.

I was about to walk through the gate when a guy I was playing with stops me. He asks me to follow him. He lead me back to the village and inside a smurf house that was originally locked, but after finding the map, it opens, revealing an easter egg.

Inside of the cozy mushroom hut was two chairs and a radio on a table, all being illuminated by a fireplace that was emitting a soft, highly compressed crackling sound like an old mp3.

Activating the radio would play the entirety of Kansas's Dust in the Wind. It was very compressed because the map was made in like 2006.

The dude who showed me this secret told me he often comes to the same room in the same level regularly. He said it helps him remember.

I had never seen this secret before, even after playing on this map several times. I always loved the detail, secrets, and humor that went into old custom goldsource maps.

I stood there and listened to the entirety of Dust in the wind with the guy. He told me "thanks for listening" and we went on with the adventure.

So fucking bizarre.

Offline zwimhalow

• mde loremaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2019, 09:08:32 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnyxus3H0_-F8Q6gQTkg41g/videos

danny mullen is one of the current funniest youtubers just speaking of how funny he is alone. some of his assembled crew he has aren't really funny and sometimes the subject matter is low-brow, "youtube prankster" territory but his comedy and delivery alone is quality. the production value and ideas in a lot of vids are solid, too.

Offline ambianceur

• lamborghini ascetic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 02:14:15 am »

I used to be really into exploring old digital chat programs when it was a thing on /x/ from 2010-2011. I met a friend in the first wave of people exploring Worlds that tipped me off on a large number of other similar programs/games. I thoroughly explored them all, but the one that stuck with me the most was DSTrav (a game that Vinny later did a stream on as well). I started exploring it going off of a backup copy I found of one of the user's personal websites in which he had the largest list of active worlds (essentially chatrooms). I spent a few days exploring without finding a single soul, until I came across a room that consisted of a single wooden cabin in a dark forest. Inside was a desk with a 90s beige CRT monitor on it, with the exact same game open on the screen. A man appeared out of the cabin and introduced himself to me as one of the very first residents of the program, from the early 90s. For the 20-odd years since that time he had been spending the majority of his time on this long-forgotten digital world. He told me that there were about 4 survivors left other than him who still resided in the game, many of them disabled, forgotten about by their families, unable to access the outside world. One was an elderly Japanese woman confined to a wheelchair and no longer looked after by her family. A large earthquake had recently struck Japan and these remaining few of their little community were the only to check up on her. He remarked how he was saddened that they had been slowly losing the remaining residents, some of which disappeared without any warning. Nobody who visited ever stayed, he said. He still maintained a portion of the servers, but he knew he couldn't keep them running forever. He told me that once the servers shut down, he would have nothing. I made it a project to document every single room I could fine, but soon after meeting the man had to take a break. A couple months later I tried to access the servers maintained by the man I had met. They were offline. I had only documented about 40% of the worlds, and the rest were, presumably, lost to the digital void. I no longer have the url of the personal website nor any way to check back up on those remaining residents. It's been years but I still think back to that little community of forgotten people clinging to the discarded digital remnants of their only real home.

Offline Winky(AFK 6 Months)

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2019, 12:09:01 am »

I used to be really into exploring old digital chat programs when it was a thing on /x/ from 2010-2011.

I logged into my ICQ and seen all the old people, no one used it anymore obviously. It was pretty insane that I remembered the number and password after so many years.

Offline MommyBuster69

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 12:35:31 am »

Offline ralph

• Administrator
  • WELCOME TO 2002 - LIFE IS STILL MEANINGLESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2019, 12:53:35 am »
Surprised no one's mentioned Protopod.  Here's my list

Code
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfGSv7zm95v93K7O90MNoKWR7JO2a2SLZ - excellent bush era vids playlist
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 01:00:31 am by ralph »

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2019, 12:53:35 am »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal