Author Topic: We should get a steam group up for multiplayer ggames  (Read 305 times)

Offline MommyBuster69

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
We should get a steam group up for multiplayer ggames
« on: June 08, 2019, 06:25:25 pm »
Be cool to co-op shit.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 07:41:29 pm by VelvetSphincter »

Powerful Bad Boys

We should get a steam group up for multiplayer ggames
« on: June 08, 2019, 06:25:25 pm »

Offline Lucid

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: We should get a steam group up for multiplayer ggames
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 03:16:03 am »
What games do you guys play? I built a PC for gaming a few years ago and I ended up just using it as a workstation for programming. Most games I tried were too competitive and require too much mental commitment for me. I gotta get around to retrieving my Minecraft account though so I can join you boys.

Offline MommyBuster69

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 05:51:56 am »
"Playing"(though that would involve having fun.) long war 2 right now. Got the idea to maybe do a payday 2 campaign or something

Offline robot randy

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 12:08:48 pm »
insurgency is filling all my fps needs, been mostly doing the coop. been tryna 100% the witcher 3 as well

my steam ID is https://steamcommunity.com/id/robotrandy add me qts

Offline MommyBuster69

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile

Offline Winky(AFK 6 Months)

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 12:06:46 am »
I've had to quit all games other than Civilization 5. The games literally wreck my life. Anything with any sort of social aspect, I'm not sure if I can afford to play with other people for the entire rest of my life. I've already spent so much time on MMORPGs etc.

One guy I played with messed up his back snowboarding and had surgery. He would play like 12+ hours a day and you'd just hear him taking bong rips all the time.

The other guy was like super fat 300+ pounds, running an eBay store and was just on all the time.

I would play a lot too but then you would want to kind of step back a little and you'd feel guilty because they were on by themselves playing alone.

You'd hop on in the evening to PvP with them and then you'd get entangled in ingame drama, defending your dungeons, etc etc.

It ends up consuming your entire psyche and you start living your life around it.

I installed Cold Turkey Pro, and started using that to block out all distractions, on my computer at home (Ryzen 1600 with a 1080 ti) and on this laptop (1070 with i7 7th gen), I've spent a ton of money on gaming equipment.

Now I just study programming, youtube. At least the processor is good for Civ 5. Eventually in the future I can dick around with machine learning or something like that and make use of the GPUs. or maybe I can play very high graphic single player games in the future.

Its good to just block everyting off for like 4 hours if you are having a problem being productive and you have long periods where you can use a computer. By the end of 4 hours you will have ended up getting interested in something productive and made some headway with it. After a 4 hour cold turkey block you can often self restrain yourself without need of the software.

When you institute a block, that's it, it's blocked. Can't unblock it until its over. I wouldn't do anything crazy like block it for a week, just like 4 hours. Sometimes you'll do a block and go watch TV until the block is over. That's fine too, it helps train you to stop abusing the computer as a gaming machine and find your entertainment elsewhere in another environment. If you keep doing that you can retrain yourself to use the computer as a productivity tool.

And after a couple weeks when everything goes to crap in term of your habits, you can just start instituting the blocks again. It's like a parent taking away your privilidges. Even if you are in your 30s, you still need that trust me .

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 12:11:07 am »
woah I see I had already done a rant on cold turkey pro before on may 27th. It made a big difference though, I started reading all sorts of books. I went and bought the book Sam recommended, Scott Adams book, how i messed up my life something or other. Great book.

Offline cantlivinalivingroom

• POWERFUL BAD BOY
  • Administrator
  • BE QUIET, BECAUSE CHURCH IS IN SESSION
    • View Profile

Macbook Pro 15 Inch, Google Pixel 3 with Spigen Neo Hybrid Designed for Google Pixel 3 Case (2018) - Gunmetal

Offline robot randy

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 06:01:10 pm »
any of you chumps pick up mordhau?

if youre a real chad youll join me

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 11:39:32 pm »
I played Mordhau for 8 minutes then returned it. Its basically just another Chivalry, better but whatever.

I just play Civ 5 and code right now. Civ 5 on a very, very difficult setting. It does something to callibrate my brain that actually makes it work right, after a long Civ 5 sesh I can do a ton of chores or errands, break through a coding problem, etc. There is so much organization and optimization with little dopamine boosts in Civ 5, really kind of works as a minor antidepressant or something.

Offline franktjmaxx

• rad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 10:25:34 pm »
I fuckin love Civ V dude, its so fucking good. I've never played any of the other Civs and I never will, because Civ V is sucha comfy roleplay setting for me. I would turn on Civ V and play for hours and hours and just get lost in it. Havent played in ages though, my computer's system folders are fucked and I can't save my games rip

Offline Lucid

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 11:12:28 pm »
This has nothing to do with steam but does anyone here have a switch? I'll add you if you post your friend code.

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 11:53:49 pm »
I fuckin love Civ V dude, its so fucking good. I've never played any of the other Civs and I never will, because Civ V is sucha comfy roleplay setting for me. I would turn on Civ V and play for hours and hours and just get lost in it. Havent played in ages though, my computer's system folders are fucked and I can't save my games rip

I've been allowing myself just one game and this has been it. I've been lucky to break from and stay away from my favorite MMORPG recently because thats not doing good things for me. Civ 5 treats me well.

Before I had Civ 5 I played a lot of Civ 3. Its very similar, the difference is that the battles are so much more intense and insane because you can fit 200-500 tanks on a single tile if the choke points are that narrow and the battles that heated. Cities regenerate new modern armors every 5 turns are so if you are the nazis, and if you have like 20 cities, thats 4 tanks a turn or something. Then you have a ton of stealth bombers and you use those like 40 times per turn on one tile.

The computer is doing basically the exact same thing, you'll be doing it slightly better so you can get a little tiny bit ahead, maybe capture a city to break the bottleneck a little bit, but its balls to the wall.

I still have that save file but it was taking me 20 minutes per turn on my pentium 4 at that point, maybe I'll revisit it one day and test our Ryzen 1600 and i7 7600 on it to see how they handle it.

I've been a civ fan since civ 1 though. Skip all the even numbered civs, have never even played any of the even numbered civs. Even number civ is bad luck.

Save your games on steam cloud to fix your problem I think. RIP a lot of hours of your life if that works

Offline MommyBuster69

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2019, 01:55:37 am »
how is insurgency sandstorm? I don't normally play multiplayer shooters because the skill ceiling is always so damned high. I used to play overwatch, but I'm afraid Ill be banned for racism for saying something that sounds vaguely like a racial slur in chat or something

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2019, 01:54:32 am »
how is insurgency sandstorm? I don't normally play multiplayer shooters because the skill ceiling is always so damned high. I used to play overwatch, but I'm afraid Ill be banned for racism for saying something that sounds vaguely like a racial slur in chat or something

I am banned from twitch for an unknown amount of time. I keep deleting and reinstalling all my games on my computers because I keep thinking that I am destroying my life by gaming so much. This is a real battle here.

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2019, 01:54:32 am »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal