Author Topic: Anyone remember that "smart people of Reddit" ask Reddit thread?  (Read 73 times)

Online Lucid

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The prompt was something like "smart people of Reddit, why are you still poor?". All the comments were redditors trying to explain that they were highly intelligent and were only poor because of laziness, bad spending habits, etc. The OP would reply to the comments saying "That doesn't sound very smart" and then the redditors would get more and more flustered as the OP kept calling them out. God it was so funny seeing all these people's superiority complexes get torn down right in front of them. master level trolling. I tried to find it the other day for a good laugh but I couldn't find it anywhere. Must've gotten deleted.

Powerful Bad Boys

Offline franktjmaxx

• rad boy
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone remember that "smart people of Reddit" ask Reddit thread?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 02:01:26 am »
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/search?q=If+you%27re+so+smart%2C+why+aren%27t+you+rich%3F&restrict_sr=on&include_over_18=on&sort=relevance&t=all

I remember this from r/mde I think but none of these have the OP responding, the trolling one might have been deleted rip

Offline npc_terryv2.FINAL

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 07:40:50 pm »
I remember what you're talking about but not the context. Someone pls find the link for this cause it was hilarious

Offline 0_-

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 11:34:16 pm »
Wealth is not really a correlate of intelligence.

I have an insiders eye view of all this. I know people with cushy government jobs making 100K+. They ask their parents who to vote for. They repeat the line on political correctness and all that jazz. They know how the system works, you just pass down the lines you are told to say from above and repeat the rehersal and you are golden.

They are hard working and not timid mind you, but intelligence is not necessary. I also know people who fought in the wars out in the middle east, they are big fans of Israel. One of them set up a business and made 6 million dollars selling legally obtained weapons.

I mean there are people out there who build houses or whatever and earn a living somewhat ethically, not saying it isn't possible. But for the frail, intellectal, spiritual type who also wants to obtain wealth ethically, they have a freaking mountain to climb bro that I'm telling you. And the scumbags and the goombas, they thrive on this planet, no problem. The system as it is, is built for them. They will continue to thrive until the pendulum of karma reaches its breaking point and things swing back in our direction.
High Intellect, Low Income (Angry)

"If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned."

https://inspirobot.me/mindfulnessmode

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 11:34:16 pm »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal