Author Topic: your favourite thing to do  (Read 94 times)

Offline _jim_

• hello martin
    • View Profile
your favourite thing to do
« on: June 17, 2019, 02:47:49 am »
i love night walks. i know this is a 4chan doomer meme but i've gone for a night walk nearly every night for two years. my calves are foken juicy and i'm nice and healthy. i've also gotten some pretty good stories out of it. this one time i walked around a pretty tight corner and walked face first into another bloke. another time i walked around a corner to find a guy standing there in a little nook and he scared me so much that i screamed right in his face and he screamed back. we both took our headphones off and laughed for about two minutes. i don't think i've had that much of an adrenaline pump in my life. another time i had a homeless guy who was living in some dense bushland adjacent to an oval i was walking on come out and offer me weed. i've also gotten some really good photography which i'll be happy to share if anybody is curious.

i think night walking is an incredibly intimate thing. i'm not going to go into the details, but it's the closest i feel to nature and my city and my position in life and this universe. if you don't night walk already, i'd highly recommend it.
the older i get the more terrified i become of house fires

Powerful Bad Boys

your favourite thing to do
« on: June 17, 2019, 02:47:49 am »

Offline Mind Jelqer

• bad boy
    • View Profile
Re: your favourite thing to do
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 12:01:39 pm »
I think writing is my favorite thing to do. Every day I don't write I feel a little like I fucked up. I'll forget that insane sense of fulfillment and boost of energy that I get from doing it, stop for a week, then be blown away again when I write even only as much as 150 words. I'm getting more disciplined, though. I spend a lot of my free time either reading or researching. I never wanted to go to college, especially for an English degree, so instead I'm watching these videos of Brandon Sanderson's fantasy and sci-fi writing class at BYU. I've got a little notebook and I just fill it in as I watch. I'm not very good, but I can also see myself improving the more I practice. I also like to do copywork. I write down passages from stories that I felt were moving or just really cool.

Most of my coworkers at my new job are either artists or fighters. They are extremely dedicated and disciplined. Just talking to them about what they do fills me with energy and makes me want to go hard as fuck all the time.

Offline franktjmaxx

• rad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 04:38:07 pm »
nothing. i like just lying in my bed and letting my brain take over and dream all day. i dont get to do it too often so its usually a time where my mind realigns or whatever. and i dont do it for no reason because i like to think while i do it and if i were to only do this i would have nothing to think about

Offline Lucid

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 05:39:11 pm »
I enjoy night driving a lot, in a small town at 1 am when no one else is on the road. Seeing the street lights alternate on either side of the road and converge towards the horizon in front of me. No sound but the quiet hum of the engine from inside the car. I don't know why it feels so surreal.

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 05:39:11 pm »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal