Author Topic: How do you find yourself a room to rent?  (Read 169 times)

Offline VelvetSphincter

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
How do you find yourself a room to rent?
« on: June 17, 2019, 04:20:09 pm »
I want to move out in about a year or so. Would prefer to just rent a room in an apartment for now.

I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends

Powerful Bad Boys

How do you find yourself a room to rent?
« on: June 17, 2019, 04:20:09 pm »

Offline Krush Jeanjacket

• What's it to you, punk?
    • View Profile
Re: How do you find yourself a room to rent?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 09:22:56 pm »
Craigslist

Offline 0_-

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 10:38:14 pm »
If you are with a woman you want at least a two room apartment. The fights can get really bad if you don't have any place to retreat to.

If you want to cut on costs and get a 1 room place with shared kitchen etc, well I've had two experiences with that, in one the house was falling apart with insects everywhere, guy who ran it was a closet alcoholic and failed engineer. In the other case the person running it was a white lady with too much makeup on, a pack of niggers would show up at her house and drive off with her, she had a mixed race baby that she was a single mother of. I was a little POS at the time and invasive of her property, she had few possessions but one of them was a crack pipe in an empty shoebox underneathe her bed. Her brother dicked around with cars, hauling engines out etc in the garage. Maybe the parents left them the house?

If you are young and have good credit and maybe a well established marriage with a woman who has good credit, and there is a trailer park or something next to a commercial area where you would be relatively guaranteed to be able to work minimum wage in a sticky situation, well it might make sense to take a mortgage out on a nice trailer, with say a 15 year amortization period. If you are say, 25 years old, that means its paid off by the time you are 40. Even if you are an underachiving POS, you should be able to sell that place and have saved enough money by 45 or so to be able to buy a real house that you can stand to retire in one day, at that point buying it straight out with cash. Then you have from 45-70 to put away money for retirement. So its a good plan for survival even if you plan on being the biggest financial POS your whole life. You could do better than this idea, but you could also do worse :)
High Intellect, Low Income (Angry)

"If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned."

https://inspirobot.me/mindfulnessmode

Offline VelvetSphincter

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 01:51:37 am »
How much do you guys spend on rent? With my current job I make 1300 a month, rent would be 600. My parents are covering my car insurance.

I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends

Offline Rich Sweet

• deserve nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 10:40:53 am »
How much do you guys spend on rent? With my current job I make 1300 a month, rent would be 600. My parents are covering my car insurance.

Calculate your monthly expenses. How much do you pay for food, gas, phone bill, personal property tax, etc.? If you don’t calculate your expenses and budget your money appropriately you will be fucked, before I really paid attention to what I was paying for shit I was spending like 400+ on groceries and eating out, wasting money on gas cause I would drive across the street, etc. now that. I  am extremely frugal when it comes to food and I still struggle to keep food expenses under 250/mo and gas still runs me 100 or more depending on weekend trips and shit.

Offline NeedEvolution

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 07:15:11 pm »
You want a roommate?

Really know your roommate and see how they live first in their current residence. It isn't healthy to hate aspects of people you live with, it leads to a lot of resentment, which is someone living in your head rent free. I've only ever had one good roommate. I prefer to be on my own, unless it is a woman I am intimate with.

Check the neighborhood dude. How important is a car? Parking spots and travel times to work, food and getting away.

#1 rule, LIVE ON THE FUCKING TOP FLOOR. People are dickheads and you will regret not having the top floor.

For the love of God, if it has yelp reviews, check out how the owners treat their tenants.

Clean up after yourself and open the windows when the weather is agreeable so your house doesn't feel and smell stale.

Offline 0_-

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 11:42:14 pm »
live on the top floor, that's a good one that I wasn't thinking of. Another advantage is no mice or insects get in as easily. Also all the heat travels upwards so the people on the bottom floor end up paying the lions share of the heating bills. The top floor can almost be too hot at times.
High Intellect, Low Income (Angry)

"If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned."

https://inspirobot.me/mindfulnessmode

Offline PunchingArianaGrande

• bad baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 07:22:39 am »
You want a roommate?

Really know your roommate and see how they live first in their current residence. It isn't healthy to hate aspects of people you live with, it leads to a lot of resentment, which is someone living in your head rent free. I've only ever had one good roommate. I prefer to be on my own, unless it is a woman I am intimate with.

Check the neighborhood dude. How important is a car? Parking spots and travel times to work, food and getting away.

#1 rule, LIVE ON THE FUCKING TOP FLOOR. People are dickheads and you will regret not having the top floor.

For the love of God, if it has yelp reviews, check out how the owners treat their tenants.

Clean up after yourself and open the windows when the weather is agreeable so your house doesn't feel and smell stale.

LISTEN TO THIS MAN!!!

Offline VelvetSphincter

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 01:48:22 pm »
Might not need a roommate. I qualify for autism housing bucks, so I can probably afford rent on my own

Offline VelvetSphincter

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 11:42:30 pm »
Looked at a lot of yelp reviews for most places they are all one stars complaining about water leaks and shit.

Offline NeedEvolution

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 08:37:34 pm »
live on the top floor, that's a good one that I wasn't thinking of. Another advantage is no mice or insects get in as easily. Also all the heat travels upwards so the people on the bottom floor end up paying the lions share of the heating bills. The top floor can almost be too hot at times.

True. And as a decent person on the top floor you'll be conscious of not being super loud, especially at inappropriate times (like night time).

I am moving and disregarded every single place that was not top floor. And I will never make that mistake again where I didn't take top floor. Sometimes the places are built so terribly that it may just be normal movement that is unbearably loud, impossible to study or relax.

Offline ralph

• Administrator
  • WELCOME TO 2002 - LIFE IS STILL MEANINGLESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2019, 12:39:07 am »
Get a broker bitch...

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2019, 12:39:07 am »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal