Author Topic: /SLUDGEFARM/  (Read 97 times)

Offline sentient_cumsock

• 3am backyard tourist
    • View Profile
/SLUDGEFARM/
« on: February 23, 2019, 12:19:15 pm »
This is a thread for anything sludgy, slimy, grungy, dark and/or doomy. Not limited to any particular genre, more like a general sound of sludginess, sleaziness, and dirtiness.

I think it's a good taste in music for a Badboy to have - there's an implicit nonchalance and psycho alpha chaoticism in the essence of grungesludge. You let the filth accumulate and proliferate because that's what filth does, you don't care. Fuck what you can't control; be the master of your own domain.

Here are some sludgy things I have been listening to lately:

Weekend Nachos - Punish and Destroy, 2016

Unsane - Scattered, Smothered and Tossed, 1995

Brainbombs - Urge to Kill, 1999

I particularly like Urge to Kill because of how winding and intricate it feels compared to the rest of Brainbombs' discography. "Ass Fucking Murder" in particular exudes a very distinct seesawing sensation - when I first heard that track, I was lying in bed dozing off, but then felt immediately energized and awake, having been struck by an image of two ragtime cartoon devils sawing a corpse in half with one of those huge old two-handled forestry saws. Powerful stuff.

Powerful Bad Boys

/SLUDGEFARM/
« on: February 23, 2019, 12:19:15 pm »

Offline cantlivinalivingroom

• POWERFUL BAD BOY
  • Administrator
  • BE QUIET, BECAUSE CHURCH IS IN SESSION
    • View Profile
Re: /SLUDGEFARM/
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 12:49:48 pm »
that brainbombs album is tight you like no wave? not really sludgy but ive been thinking of making a no wave thread

but anyway its time for me to post all my noise rock shit

les rallizes - night of the assassins (might be the best song ever)

velvet underground - sister ray

lrd - the last one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ysSp5R78SY

some cool fushitsusha live set from a few years back

this ones probably more to your taste SC, lightning bolt live track fucking amazing

« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 12:52:19 pm by cantlivinalivingroom »

Macbook Pro 15 Inch, Google Pixel 3 with Spigen Neo Hybrid Designed for Google Pixel 3 Case (2018) - Gunmetal

Offline VelvetSphincter

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 12:35:09 am »
chipmunks slowed down to 16rpm is amazing

I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 12:35:09 am »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal