Author Topic: BIG gov issued bongs for the modern stoner  (Read 147 times)

Offline gaeswaerk

• lil' gluesniffer
    • View Profile
BIG gov issued bongs for the modern stoner
« on: June 18, 2019, 01:27:57 pm »
in the future we are going to have 3D printed, government issued bio-degradable bongs developed by left leaning hip dudes in silicon valley
thats neither a good or a bad things
its just a thing thats going to happen
and it will provide some meaning to some people i guess.

tell me what you think about my prophetic vision!
mental punching bag, takes blows psychically

Powerful Bad Boys

BIG gov issued bongs for the modern stoner
« on: June 18, 2019, 01:27:57 pm »

Offline Rich Sweet

• deserve nothing
    • View Profile
Re: BIG gov issued bongs for the modern stoner
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 03:00:50 pm »
I thought it was cool until I read your signature

Offline gaeswaerk

• lil' gluesniffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 05:36:49 pm »
hey, what's wrong with my signature?

Offline ralph

• Administrator
  • WELCOME TO 2002 - LIFE IS STILL MEANINGLESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 05:56:43 pm »
If I believed every guy with a Lain profile pic telling me what the future was gonna entail I'd be part of 30 suicide cults rn

Offline Winky(AFK 6 Months)

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 06:44:35 pm »
what sort of meaning could be provided by the cannabis? it provides hallucinogenic visions etc, but it is an external substance. Have you ever seen a stoner that wants to get high but they aren't able to obtain weed? They look miserable and they are escapists of the highest order. I live in a country with legal weed, they've had issues with the supply chain but I imagine eventually they will get it ironed out like the liquor industry, you will always be able to get drunk or stoned. But marijuana isn't any more meaningful or significant than alcohol. It's just an external substance that initiates a state.

At the polar opposite of intoxication is super sobriety, you can have visions too but the objective kind. It's a lot harder to obtain and by the way thats the whole point of meditation, to create an ethical platform to scientifically obtain information from these super sober visions that occur to you in the stillness state.

Intoxication also provides visions but the infraconscious, subjective kind. And always the result of some external substance, needing a certain dosage etc, usually costing a lot of money when money is always in short supply these days... is there a God of cannabis? How do you keep a permanent sense of God if that is the case? If you keep a couple of pounds of weed, won't it go stale eventually? Do you have a lifetimes supply of dried, crystallized weed , no matter how much you smoke or "vaporize" (supposedly healthy). Or does your cannabis oil cure cancer? That's what a dishwasher once told me.

Its lunacy. You want something actually in your body, your own consciousness, things you can control. Even when you die and are born again, you are reequiped with the same hardware again. So you have something that can never be taken away from you, that Bodhichitta.... if you are born again in a place that has no weed, like if you are born as an Eskimo, then life has no meaning?

It's a false path . . . . . . . ...  . .

Offline gaeswaerk

• lil' gluesniffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 07:38:52 pm »
Very well put.

I don't smoke much myself, (maybe 2-3 times a year at most) and i try to stay away from it as best as i can, because my family has a history of mental illness, and i know a few chronic stoners and i can confirm that nothing ever changes in their life, they still listen to the same music and play the same 5 PS3 games that they've played since high school, it really is a drug of escapism and meandering.

Weed and other psychedelics can be good at is shaking up your system though, they force you to think about things you otherwise wouldn't, and give you some interesting ideas. (the quality of observations/ideas that come from being in this state is debatable though) Like with anything in life you gotta practice moderation, and i don't think smoking a few heads a day is moderate at all.

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 07:56:33 pm »
well I don't want to be misconstrued in order to simply agree with someone, I was implying that you have to go full allah aqbar as far as no drugs/no sexual misconduct etc is concerned or else it would be impossible to arrive at the sort of meditation results that would need to be achieved in order for the whole system to have any meaning here...

otherwise known as the 5 precepts in buddhism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_precepts#In_Pāli_tradition

but as far as what you are saying goes, i can see how someone could smoke occasionally and avoid the escapism aspect of smoking that does beset others and cause them grave harm in the materialistic department of their lives, which is about half of life's equation. so yes by significant reducing smoking, a person theoretically could become materially successful, support a family, and solve half of life's equation quite sufficiently, and it is indeed very bad to fail at that aspect because it is the most obvious to people when you do fail at it.

Offline gaeswaerk

• lil' gluesniffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 11:38:28 am »
I don't really know what "meaning" it is that you are writing about, but i'm sure that there's people out there living productive and fulfilling lives even though they masturbate or do drugs.
Going from what you have written, you might as well live as an acetic in a sensory deprivation tank if that's going to help you reach your desired meaning.

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 01:27:52 am »
no one who is both materially AND spiritually successful has ever masturbated and/or done drugs, not in the history of the universe or universe of universes

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 01:27:52 am »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal