Author Topic: do stuff,  (Read 105 times)

Offline gaeswaerk

• lil' gluesniffer
    • View Profile
do stuff,
« on: July 12, 2019, 06:52:43 pm »
having ambitions/dreams that greatly exceed your level of competency is a guaranteed recipe for sadness.

I am a bit of a dreamer myself, i have been brewing on a lot of ideas in my life, but i have rarely actually executed on them, because they're way too ambitious for me, but recently i have been trying to making due though, just doing my best with what i have is way more fulfilling that having a head full of half baked ideas that slowly fade away.
also remember to be present as much as possible, force yourself into that hyper-focused state in whatever way that works for you, where all that matters is where your position is in the universe, you might think you should be somewhere else, but nah you are where you are supposed to be right now, appreciate it for what it is, be grateful that you are present at all and that you have enough spare brain-cells to even think of that in the first place, life truly is a strange blessing, or not, it really depends.

be as autonomous as you can be, treat your game like you are playing skyrim or whatever, if you see a mountain, climb it. i do not claim to break any new ground with this, i just wanted to spill my brain. 

(btw do you guys listen to jpop or any other form of gook music?)
mental punching bag, takes blows psychically

Powerful Bad Boys

do stuff,
« on: July 12, 2019, 06:52:43 pm »

Offline Krush Jeanjacket

• What's it to you, punk?
    • View Profile
Re: do stuff,
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 08:04:06 pm »
I've had so many retarded dreams man, I wouldn't even know where to start... When I was a busboy I dreamt of becoming a pro skateboarder at age 20 despite having zero presence in the skating scene and barely being in control of my motor functions unless I'm lifting heavy objects. I also wanted to be a let's player when I was a teenager despite barely playing vidya and just smoking weed all the time. I do enjoy old citypop and future funk, as well as japanese video game OSTS and anime OP/EDs

Offline Winky(AFK 6 Months)

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 09:28:46 pm »
I had a 3 day weekend and I was OK successful the first day. I ended up coding something and sending it to a friend, and it is also useful to me.

But on day 2, oh no. I had thought I deleted all my games but I discovered that I had forgot a pirated, and never before played, copy of Factorio, a link on my desktop.

I double clicked. 14 hours later after an epic binge gaming session, I retired.

Day 3, another 8.5 hour binge session.

Weekend wasted? I often get inspired by any game I play and enjoy, thinking a "programmer wrote this".

I guess I will always be measuring my success indirectly, just like I will be hypothetically wealthy and imaginarily well off both spiritually and materially,

in reality, while I have made steps in the right direction, the idea of facing life without the opiate of distraction is too painful for me to imagine. I'm not sure how I will overcome it. Maybe meditation can allow me to experience reality and come to terms with it. That is literally my only hope.Before this I had deleted all my games btw, but I was feelin the pain and concequence of that.

Offline Winky(AFK 6 Months)

• My Wife is Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 09:33:40 pm »

Offline MommyBuster69

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 05:56:23 am »
My dream right now is to finish school and find a job that I would like, and would pay enough for me to live somewhat comfortably. right now the only thing I can do is wait until the next semester starts, and work. One project I want to do is make a puppet. I wanna make a nurgling out of felt and foam, and all that.

Offline PunchingArianaGrande

• bad baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 08:23:45 pm »
Were you drunk when you posted this ???

Right now I'm just making straight bank and saving bank. No view of spending it any time soon. Big dreams on the back burner. No social life, no problem. That was sold to demons two years ago in exchange for a couple of grades and I guess they've been holding on to it this whole time. So baby, all I've got is money, and not even that, because I'm paid on Thursday.
The dream I have right this instant is to be somewhere where nobody knows me. So I'm earning bank and either getting a car or getting the FUCK out of this country... Or at least this area. And in both of those scenarios I get laid

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 08:23:45 pm »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal