Author Topic: Does anyone actually feel less safe because of mass shootings?  (Read 250 times)

Offline MommyBuster69

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
Like whenever I hear of one I don't feel less safe. Aside from the Aurora shooting, because I thought we were gonna end up like UK, or Germany based on the response. Is it just people repeating talking points because they want to be heard, or do they really genuinely feel unsafe?

Powerful Bad Boys

Offline Mind Jelqer

• bad boy
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone actually feel less safe because of mass shootings?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 12:03:17 pm »
Yesterday I was eating lunch with my boss and another coworker. My boss was going on and on about the recent mass shootings and how this world is a terrible sick place. She said something to the effect of, "You can't even go out and enjoy yourself or shop for groceries without being at risk. Somebody could walk through our front door right now and just start killing us all."

This, obviously, was bullshit. People who watch too much of the news are always miserable and afraid. The 24 hour news cycle is a spectacle. It's designed to thrill you and keep you on the edge of your seat. Now she was a member of this spectacle. Talking about this for what reason? I can't say for sure, but my instincts tell me that misery loves company.

She asked my coworker the silliest question I've heard in a long time, "Aren't these mass shootings just horrible?"

I wouldn't consider this question so silly if it were purely rhetorical, because obviously they are horrible. But I was aware that she wanted an answer. She asked it several more times to my coworker. Each time he answered because she is the kind of a person to demand one.

Was it a form of hypnosis that she didn't even know she was doing? Is mass media really such a powerful cancer? If so, how can we prevent this psychic assault? Escaping to a cabin in the woods is a fun fantasy, but we all have people we love and care about, who either depend on us or one day will. They will probably refuse to follow you into that cabin. Most people can't stomach giving up their loved ones for their own safety, so you won't actually go either.

I stayed silent for the entire conversation until my boss turned to me and asked, "What about you, Mr. Quiet? Aren't these mass shootings just the worst? Isn't this world an awful place?"

It was time for my hypnotic session.

I said that mass shootings were a very interesting problem, and I wasn't sure about how to solve it. At the same time, life is better than it has ever been before, and this is the least violent period in human history.

She seemed displeased with my response.

The world is a beautiful place; full of interesting people who will sometimes try kill you. There is no need to be afraid.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 12:05:34 pm by Mind Jelqer »

Offline ralph

• Administrator
  • WELCOME TO 2002 - LIFE IS STILL MEANINGLESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 03:06:54 pm »
I don't feel less safe but I'm always more aware of my surroundings after one happens since they tend to happen in threes...

Was walking down the street today and some schizo homeless guy was rambling about a mass shooting but it didn't scare me, just made me happy he wasn't shaking his change cup at me

Offline fRB17B$N!xiTBJVW

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 08:38:29 pm »
I would only be mad if I didn't get a chance to react. Like if I was the first person to get domed without a chance to realize it I'd feel like I was cheated out of my chance to use my superior tactics and brain hours spent thinking about the exact situation to escape or defend myself if I was carrying at the time, which I never do unless I'm going into the city for some event like 4th of july or something. As it stands I feel less safe because of the potential legal reaction to them more than anything.

Offline MommyBuster69

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 03:58:33 am »
All the lonely shunned kids need church. Never felt more apart of something than the one time I barely participated in a church service.

Offline NeedEvolution

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 10:14:09 am »
All the lonely shunned kids need church. Never felt more apart of something than the one time I barely participated in a church service.

Yeah they can sense the differentness. Helpful in times when it was tribe versus tribe. Will take a stab in the dark and say that they should stop targeting faggots with their pride flags and instead target young whites who grew up in a jewish run culture.

Offline MommyBuster69

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 03:47:09 pm »
I don't think churches care anymore about fags. They lost that battle. It not like gays would want to go in the first place.

Offline Mind Jelqer

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 08:17:54 pm »
I know some gays that are pretty religious. Just depends. Most of them seem to swap it out for astrology tho lol.

Offline MommyBuster69

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 09:54:07 pm »
I know some gays that are pretty religious. Just depends. Most of them seem to swap it out for astrology tho lol.

it is more about the community than the spirituality. I have no interest in God or heaven or gee wiz whatsoever

Offline Mind Jelqer

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 11:03:30 pm »
Have you considered playing any sports or doing charity stuff in your area?

Offline MommyBuster69

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 01:52:53 pm »
Have you considered playing any sports or doing charity stuff in your area?

I don't make friends at work why would I make friends doing charity work?

Offline Mind Jelqer

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 10:20:50 pm »
Do you even know how to make friends?

Offline MommyBuster69

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2019, 02:44:26 am »
I'm just not into talking to people or maintaining relationships.

Offline Mind Jelqer

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2019, 08:04:27 pm »
Why? Also, what are you actually interested in?

Offline MommyBuster69

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2019, 10:24:45 pm »
Literally autism. Occasionally I want someone to see shitty movies or co-op in games with, but it takes a lot of energy out of me when I talk to people face to face.

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2019, 10:24:45 pm »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal