Author Topic: Joker thoughts & Joker thread  (Read 238 times)

Offline PunchingArianaGrande

• bad baby
    • View Profile
Re: Joker thoughts & Joker thread
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2019, 08:44:27 pm »
That's a very shallow interpretation of midsommar

It's shallow because I'm only working off of scraps, it's just the impression I got from what little I saw/read about it. Two millennial hipsters go to a remote community for some kind of retreat & it turns out the people are crazy VS a policeman goes to a remote community to investigate a missing child and it turns out the people are crazy. There's undoubtedly more depth to it but I didn't bother investing time looking for that because it was being shilled so much and being praised hugely by Reddit types, i was put off. Maybe I'll watch it & hereditary soon and will be eating my words, but both of those movies have been endorsed by people whose opinions on movies I generally don't respect, based on the other things they're fans of. U know what I'll try watch them both this week & will come back with my more well-informed opinion.

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2019, 08:44:27 pm »

Offline franktjmaxx

• rad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2019, 07:43:56 am »
it was being shilled so much and being praised hugely by Reddit types, i was put off

midsommar is extremely reddit. total "mindfuck" movie lacking any sort of substance with a purely aesthetic veneer of shocking imagery and "intensely emotional" moments that are impossible to care about. hereditary is actually good, midsommar is an empty retread where it takes all of the surface stuff that made hereditary interesting and slaps it onto a one-note retelling of the wickerman based around the emptiness of modern relationships. also its long as fuck and is not interesting or contemplative enough to be a slowburn movie especially when you already know where the plot is going to go. also its not scary. i will admit that it does a lot of the aesthetic stuff well: set design is good, score is great, has some funny moments, and a lot of the shocking moments are nice little bits of gratuitous gore that look pretty convincing

i think ive said basically this exact comment somewhere else on here lol

I recommend Hereditary and if you like it Midsommar is worth a shot, but if you don't like Hereditary you prob won't like Midsommar. But most of my friends seem to prefer Midsommar to Hereditary which makes zero sense to me

Offline MommyBuster69

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 01:08:07 am »
I honestly wouldn't reccomend Midsommar or Hereditary. Both are long slow burns of movies. Im just saying joker isn't the only good movie out this year. I feel like this is a pretty good year for movies
6ix9ine is african american

Offline ralph

• Administrator
  • WELCOME TO 2002 - LIFE IS STILL MEANINGLESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2019, 12:52:20 am »
saw a free advanced screening, told a fellow to shut up cause he was on his fucking phone, wanted to fight me after... tried to follow me out of the theater lol

Offline Mind Jelqer

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2019, 09:30:16 pm »
saw a free advanced screening, told a fellow to shut up cause he was on his fucking phone, wanted to fight me after... tried to follow me out of the theater lol

Shoulda put him down with the Mozambique drill.

Offline ralph

• Administrator
  • WELCOME TO 2002 - LIFE IS STILL MEANINGLESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2019, 06:36:00 am »
Shoulda put him down with the Mozambique drill.

unfortunately he was "of color" and i didn't want to become known as the honkey that tried to fight a nog after a joker screening

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2019, 06:36:00 am »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal