Author Topic: Do you still follow Sam? Have you done anything to fill the MDE-shaped hole?  (Read 127 times)

Offline patchy

• View Profile
I haven't seriously followed Sam's videos since 2017. YouTube deleting Sam's channel was probably the final nail in the coffin for most of Sam's fans. I know he's been posting paywalled content on Gumroad, but I haven't paid for any of my entertainment in 10 years and I'm not going to start now 8)

I recently watched some of Sam's newer videos on a Bitchute channel, and I kind of feel like he's been phoning it in. It's like his whole brand nowadays is this traditionalist stoic idealogue. He's not a comedian anymore, but a life coach. His most recent Hydewars video is titled "get a skill", lol. I don't get how his fans can still eat that shit up after hearing it for the 100th time.

I'm all about Cum Town these days. Cum Town uses comedy purely for the sake of comedy, and that's why it succeeds so well at being funny. Sam uses comedy to peddle his stoic life advice and his political messages, which is why IMHO he sucks. Where are the videos like Moms and College Cunts?

MDE never dies
Because it's on life support.
"Please... kill me...", MDE muttered while Nurse Hyde filled the IV bag with more saline solution.

Powerful Bad Boys

Offline Mind Jelqer

• bad boy
    • View Profile
I don't really follow him or talk about him anymore, but he still influences me for sure. Every once in a while I'll see he put out something on youtube and watch it. If it's Hydewars and he is giving life advice I'll only listen to about half of it then go do something else. I'm on my way to being 28 now, and the kind of advice he gives is good for teenagers and NEETS. I'm pretty sure he's released a couple funny sketches recently, but the fact that I can't really recall them says enough, I suppose.

MDE is dead in the literal sense, but it has influenced all of us enough that it will live on memetically.

Offline PunchingArianaGrande

• bad baby
    • View Profile
I wrote a long ass comment about Charls & Sam elsewhere, any talk about Sam would prolly require the same length so I'll have to do that when I have time.. for now I'll just say I'm subbed to gumroad & it's decent, some very funny stuff, but I think his real talent will hopefully be showcased in something more ambitious (Com98 in this case)

Offline forge

• bad boy
    • View Profile
Be Nice To Me Productions. Check em out. A Spiritual successor to MDE. It has the comedy, the messages, and occasionally, a really interesting surreal aesthetic. They've put out a few short films as well, everything is incredibly well polished.

Offline Lucid

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I subscribed to the gumroad when it started and I can't be bothered to deactivate it since it's only 5 bucks a month. I enjoy the KSTVs and the Nick guest appearances and there's a shit ton of stuff so I would say it's worth throwing five bucks at, downloading everything and dipping out. I tend to follow Chuck more these days, but even then sometimes I'm unsure as to what direction he wants to go. He hyped up this big podcast talkshow thing last year and released a couple episodes and just abandoned it. Really sucks because he had guests like Eric Hayden on.

Offline robot randy

• bad boy
    • View Profile
connor o'malley
sadworld/funchurch
value select

Powerful Bad Boys

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal