Author Topic: Road Dogs  (Read 174 times)

Offline UnverifiedPost

• Smoker
    • View Profile
Road Dogs
« on: February 24, 2019, 09:50:09 am »
It’s a feeling like no other...

I slip on my leather gloves. Cheap sunglasses I bought somehwere in Michigan. I’ve got a cup of coffee, Tim Hortons, a Northern classic. When it’s only got a couple sips left, it becomes my ash tray. I always chain smoke when I drive. It keeps me alert. Classic rock ONLY once I hit the freeway.

Kick it all the way up into first gear.

chck clunk zoop

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMM

Where am I headed? Anywhere but here. I look in the rearview mirror. Heh see you later suckers. I kick up the dirt behind me. Fifty horse power. That’s right, imagine having the power of fifty horses beneath your feet.

I keep it clean under the hood. I do all my own work. I’m not going to trust some high school drop out with my baby. I always drive solo. NEVER women. They don’t understand the feeling. The power. The roar of a mechanical beast.

I’m where I belong. I’m on the road. I’m a Road Dog.
Who am I to judge? I am not God. I am the Damned.

Powerful Bad Boys

Road Dogs
« on: February 24, 2019, 09:50:09 am »

Offline UnverifiedPost

• Smoker
    • View Profile
Re: Road Dogs
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 10:33:08 am »
What are you guys driving?

Where have you driven?

What exploits have you made on the road?

Here’s the place for all the talk that comes with being a grade A bona fide hound.

Offline Rich Sweet

• deserve nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 07:01:46 pm »
I drive a 28’ DuraStar straight truck for work, or an Isuzu NQR if I’m staying local. Getting my class A in the fall and switching to long hauls. Don’t have any stories yet besides ramping off a curb doing 70 in a f350 box truck at my old job where I drove the forklift through the wall into the break room

Offline cosmo

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 04:41:09 pm »

Offline UnverifiedPost

• Smoker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 05:09:10 am »
Don’t have any stories yet besides ramping off a curb doing 70 in a f350 box truck at my old job where I drove the forklift through the wall into the break room

Now, sir, those are the stories I’m looking for. I like the forklift one, I can hear the guys in there now, shouting, “Hey, what’s the big idea! I’m eatin’ lunch here, this is bullshit!” Keep us posted on those long hauls; I want the skinny on road dog trade secrets from every State.

I forgot I didn’t answer my own questions! How absolutely disgusting. (I apologize.)
1. I drive a Ford Focus lol it’s not impressive and I honestly couldn’t tell you much about care maintenance.
2. I have driven a fair bit though, mostly between the 5-6 cities worth shitting in up here. The catch is that one of them is 3,500 miles away from the others, hence the hound.
3. I’ll have to get back to this one later ... ;)

Offline Graugluck

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 06:49:46 pm »
Here's the whip.

I bought it from a gay-married lesbian couple with "Hate has no home here" plastic banners and gay flags in their yard. I removed all their gay stickers with a razor blade and am getting out all the dents and dings on weekends. One day, it's gonna haul around my 5 children and wife. In the meantime it's a daily drive.

Unless it snows, then I drive my subaru to the nearest business that is too cheap to pay for prompt plowing and do donuts.

Offline MagnaFarce

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 11:14:02 pm »
Hell yeah, station wagons are the best. I've got an old 1998 Subaru wagon which I love. Gonna be hitting the road in a couple weeks for a 4000 mile road trip to drop off a load of shit in Minnesota and head back to California for another load instead of renting a moving truck.

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 11:14:02 pm »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal