Author Topic: You should be training your legs. Most important part of the body.  (Read 262 times)

Offline fodcom

• i used ventrilo in 1889
    • View Profile
From bodybuilders to wrestlers, leg training is the most important thing you can do for your body. Since your legs are taxxed pretty much more than your arms every single day, you need to add the intensity to train them to the up most ability. You should be able to do 100 bodyweight squats by the time you are 20 years old in a row, and move onto hindu squats. The Indians got one thing right, and it's their progression with joint health and spinal mobility. Test your hamstring. stretch, and do it over again. Keep training upto 500 in a row. It's a maximum workout for maximum gains. Get to it.

i am a ripped techno monkey climbing a cell tower

Powerful Bad Boys

Offline VelvetSphincter

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
Re: You should be training your legs. Most important part of the body.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 11:29:59 am »
I can't even break parallel

I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends

Cv11en

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 11:39:30 am »
Relevant -> https://archive.org/details/Combat_Conditioning_Matt_Furey

Personally I enjoy barbell squats more than calisthenic squats but I will never stop doing the latter since it allows a full range of motion.

I can't even break parallel
This is pretty common I think because a lot of things can cause it. My brother has been struggling as well due to his quads being uber dominant.
This thread might be helpful -> https://old.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/36tuux/still_cant_go_ass_to_grass_while_squatting/

Offline ambianceur

• lamborghini ascetic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 12:51:38 pm »
There's no exercise I've come across that feels better than weighted squats. Barbell in particular, but dumbbell and kettlebell are good too. Back when I only trained body weight I completely fucked up my upper back and would get constant flare ups that eventually ruined my posture. A year of regular barbell squats later and my posture was back in alignment, core was solid, and the pain was gone. I gradually was able to work in other areas with my workouts, but barbell squats are still the centerpiece of almost every single workout

Offline Mind Jelqer

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 02:44:30 pm »
I was surprised to find that the physical therapy I've been undergoing for my back involved a lot of angled squats. I feel like it's been one of the most effective parts of my treatment. I also love squatting. Can't wait to be able to go to the gym again.

Offline Graugluck

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 06:59:20 pm »
Always use proper form and safety rack. I've failed twice while squatting big weight. The first time was the last rep of the last set of a volume day (5x5s). I came up a half foot out of the hole and dropped right back into the hole. Bent over with over 300 on my back, I pushed it off my back and went to my knees. Rolled over on my back and my one leg was sort of numb. Took me 30 minutes of sweating bullets laying on my back until I worked the courage up to stand up. I could barely bend my back for the next week. That said, after about a month I was squatting more weight than I injured myself with.

Second time I failed, the same thing happened, but my back hurt worse and I had to walk around like an old man, half doubled over. Now I basically stick with 315 and I'm happy with it. Trying to get shred instead of bloatmax.

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 06:59:20 pm »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal