Author Topic: How do you guys stop yourselves from procrastinating  (Read 189 times)

Offline MommyBuster69

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
How do you guys stop yourselves from procrastinating
« on: February 24, 2019, 01:12:59 pm »
I want to be able to do projects and shit for things I like, but I tend to put shit off and just play video games.

Powerful Bad Boys

How do you guys stop yourselves from procrastinating
« on: February 24, 2019, 01:12:59 pm »

Offline Rich Sweet

• deserve nothing
    • View Profile
Re: How do you guys stop yourselves from procrastinating
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 02:31:42 pm »
Imagine your future if you don’t get the things done that you’re procrastinating on, then imagine the future if you DO get it done.

Also if there is something in particular that you do instead of getting shit done (in your case video games) consider that you might be what you could consider a slave to that passion which is ultimately a surrogate activity, a default pattern that you need to break if you want  to be who you want to be. Freedom is self-government.

Offline sentient_cumsock

• 3am backyard tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 04:49:51 am »
There's a bunch of strategies and shit you can use to keep yourself working, but I find that treating it as a surface level phenomenon that needs to be "cured" only gets in the way of the solving the actual problem. For example, you love playing video games all day - why? Men usually respond positively to the stimulation that video games provide - controlling for a huge number of factors at high speed, managing risk, competing against others. How does the work you want to do embody those qualities? If it does not give you those things, then you will need to find a way to integrate them into your workflow. Obviously creating barriers between yourself and video games and other time sinks is a practical solution, but you must not forget why those barriers are necessary. Extend your time preference into the future - decide how you are going to spend your day, your week, your year. You must make these decisions and retain knowledge of your commitment at all times.

Find and create meaning in your work. Express your personality through your work, whatever form it takes - this is very important. You can work against your own character qualities, or you can work with them.

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 04:49:51 am »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal