Author Topic: What does everyone think about the current state of the boys?  (Read 301 times)

Offline Lucid

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What does everyone think about the current state of the boys?
« on: February 24, 2019, 04:05:10 pm »
I watched that vid of Sam where he went out Christmas carolling and screaming at people, I couldn't finish it. I'm not one to complain about the ethicality of a joke but I just didn't think it was funny to disturb random working class people on Christmas, and I got major second hand embarrassment. I'm looking forward to KSTV2 because I loved the first one, and I hope something comes of Joyride Universe, but other than that I've stopped following Sam.

As for Chuck I followed him a lot when Bombstrap first started out but he completely stopped making edited videos that required effort and just went to twitch streaming. The game streams were kind of fun, especially when he talked to chat, but then when he started watching public domain movies on stream I became completely disinterested and stopped watching. However with the recent talk show he's started up I've become pretty interested again, especially having Andrew and Eric on to talk in the last one. I think Chuck could do great at a podcast style show. I just wish he did more short film content.

All in all I'm pretty underwhelmed with how things have planned out over the past few years. I still hold on to some hope that something is gonna take off.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 12:24:25 am by ralph »

Powerful Bad Boys

What does everyone think about the current state of the boys?
« on: February 24, 2019, 04:05:10 pm »

Offline Quate

• I want to fuck the Angry Birds!
    • View Profile
Re: What does everyone think about the current state of the boys?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 04:12:43 pm »
I pray to God every night. I ask for one thing: please bring Nick Rochefort back into my life. I have been starved for over 2 years of his unique, bizarre comedic timing. I'd pay thousands of dollars for a feature-length movie starring Nick, directed by Andy. Fuck.

Offline fodcom

• i used ventrilo in 1889
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 04:53:42 pm »
i just want nick rochefort to make fake new jersery dad advertisments about cars and landscaping. feels bad man
i am a ripped techno monkey climbing a cell tower

Offline dodobird16

• Getting closer to God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 09:52:48 pm »
I've come into terms with there being no resurgence, the golden era of MDE was at it's youth, they had a good run so it's hard to say they ever had a peak but I think 2012-2016 was the best, or 2010-2015 if we're talking about when the content was actually at its point of inception. From here on I only expect to get what we've gotten so far - a very slow staggered release of vaulted MDE content as well as some 'REAL' new content from Charls/Ruse/Hayden or Sam/Nick/Don/whoever once every few months. I've been on board with HW since day one but I've been cancelling and resubbing with activity spikes - decided to stop that now though and I'm just ride or die. Some of the hydewars advice vids are pretty good, Sam is still funny but it's obviously not the same. The latest hydewars release was in november, and it was an hour long advice piece which he previously already gave in an older episode (titled: eating in bed). Sam's going to be releasing two new vids by the end of this month (so he says, might come out even later than that...), one is a hydewars and the other is a 30 minute compilation of funny vids (Happy World Daddy Episode 3 -- previously titled crush500). Happy World Daddy is world peace season 2 only it's just a third of MDE (1/3 of the main trio and 1/3 of the editors, musicians, etc) and it's nowhere near as good. It's still pretty entertaining though, some bits are complete shit, the one Zach made about the vet with PTSD for example, but for the most part just imagine 30 minutes of the stuff which you saw on the MDE channel from Sam, just present day. I'm always excited when a new Happy World Daddy is released, but we're only getting 2 episodes per year... Here's the preview for HWD ep 3:

Might be safe to say at this point that when it comes to getting all the boys back together Sam included, we can only hope for one last hurrah - kind of like when an old 70's band comes back for a re-union tour. It'll give some closure but don't expect much. Sam's been trying to get the crew back together but it's not happening anytime soon as Charls has made clear. Don't really care about any of the in-group drama, that's for them to work out and there's a lot of false info going around about Sam thanks to the smear campaign on 8chan.

Yeah, I've been telling myself: the current fragmented state of MDE is a can of worms, don't spend too much time worrying about it and just appreciate releases when they actually come.

Offline zwimhalow

• mde loremaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 07:58:45 pm »
I've come into terms with there being no resurgence, the golden era of MDE was at it's youth, they had a good run so it's hard to say they ever had a peak but I think 2012-2016 was the best, or 2010-2015 if we're talking about when the content was actually at its point of inception. From here on I only expect to get what we've gotten so far - a very slow staggered release of vaulted MDE content as well as some 'REAL' new content from Charls/Ruse/Hayden or Sam/Nick/Don/whoever once every few months. I've been on board with HW since day one but I've been cancelling and resubbing with activity spikes - decided to stop that now though and I'm just ride or die. Some of the hydewars advice vids are pretty good, Sam is still funny but it's obviously not the same. The latest hydewars release was in november, and it was an hour long advice piece which he previously already gave in an older episode (titled: eating in bed). Sam's going to be releasing two new vids by the end of this month (so he says, might come out even later than that...), one is a hydewars and the other is a 30 minute compilation of funny vids (Happy World Daddy Episode 3 -- previously titled crush500). Happy World Daddy is world peace season 2 only it's just a third of MDE (1/3 of the main trio and 1/3 of the editors, musicians, etc) and it's nowhere near as good. It's still pretty entertaining though, some bits are complete shit, the one Zach made about the vet with PTSD for example, but for the most part just imagine 30 minutes of the stuff which you saw on the MDE channel from Sam, just present day. I'm always excited when a new Happy World Daddy is released, but we're only getting 2 episodes per year... Here's the preview for HWD ep 3:

Might be safe to say at this point that when it comes to getting all the boys back together Sam included, we can only hope for one last hurrah - kind of like when an old 70's band comes back for a re-union tour. It'll give some closure but don't expect much. Sam's been trying to get the crew back together but it's not happening anytime soon as Charls has made clear. Don't really care about any of the in-group drama, that's for them to work out and there's a lot of false info going around about Sam thanks to the smear campaign on 8chan.

Yeah, I've been telling myself: the current fragmented state of MDE is a can of worms, don't spend too much time worrying about it and just appreciate releases when they actually come.

i disagree that there won't be a resurgence, there hasn't been any big projects released recently and MDE is where it is not because basically most platforms have been stifling Sam but once any new bigger MDE projects  and the mde.tv site release there is potential for them to still become hugely popular on the internet (just not in the current mainstream) especially once they have control over their platform. i think the indie creators on the internet will eventually be bigger than mainstream stuff in the future. and zoomers have more potential to be in tune with stuff like MDE rather than mainstream stuff anyway. like if you look at content from establishment a lot of the reception is poor whereas MDE content always has big support, it's just platforms don't promote it like they do mainstream stuff.

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 07:58:45 pm »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal