Author Topic: Classic WOW  (Read 205 times)

Offline pongo

• View Profile
Classic WOW
« on: February 28, 2019, 01:44:51 pm »
WHOS READY TO RETURN HOME THIS SUMMER?

« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 01:49:07 pm by pongo »

Powerful Bad Boys

Classic WOW
« on: February 28, 2019, 01:44:51 pm »

Offline ralph

• Administrator
  • WELCOME TO 2002 - LIFE IS STILL MEANINGLESS
    • View Profile
Re: Classic WOW
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 12:24:21 am »
i started gaming when i was 5.  i was at my friend's house and played Battle for Bikini Bottom on my friend's GameCube.  at the time, i wasn't aware of the differences between the platforms, so i went home and immediately begged my dad to buy it for PC.   since i didn't remember the name exactly, i ended up with an entirely different SpongeBob game.  i forget the name but i remember it was six or so minigames that my juvenile mind couldn't master.

because i was an only child, i would play these minigames for hours on end, getting mad as hell, screaming and crying if my parents weren't there to catch me getting angry.  this taught me at an early age to mask my emotions from my parents, but that's a different story.  as i grew older, i managed to convince my parents to buy me a GameCube for my birthday.  a year or two later, like a complete retard, i traded my GameCube and several games in at GameStop for $20 off the newly released RockBand for Wii.

gaming helped me lose a lot of time and money.  i would make spur-of-the-moment purchases, sales, or trades.  i always knew i was doing the wrong thing, but i was almost compelled to fuck myself over financially.  everything from selling my Wii Balance Board to buying keys in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.  i learned skill with money from gaming.

most of my friends came from the school i went to, but they all had to game as well.  Pennsylvania state law specifies that any child who lives more than a mile from the school they're enrolled in must have bus service to school.  because i was attending private school, my friends were bused in from a half hour's drive, or more, away.  i hardly interacted with my non-gamer friends outside of school.  instead, i'd skype and play Minecraft.  play dates were rare.

in sixth grade, i built my own PC so i could play cool Steam games, like Garry's Mod and Half-Life 2.  i'd sneak up late to play Counter-Strike: Source in deathmatch lobbies and giggle at the funny older guys in the voice chat.  after 9 years and counting, the only part that remains from that build is the aftermarket CPU heatsink.

after four plus years out of high school, the only memories that linger are the good ones.  i find myself looking back on a time when i was decidedly unhappier (not to mention a minor with no means of transportation) with rose-tinted glasses.  i find myself reminiscing over late gaming nights on Fridays and Saturdays.  waking up early to listen to the radio and hope for a snow day.  getting to see my friends once a month when i'd host a (parent-supervised) party at my place.  burning things in the fire pit in the backyard, shooting off model rockets in the soccer fields, creeping around downtown in my Buick blasting Death Grips.

nowadays i'm too busy to game most of the time.  i'm in college, i've got a girlfriend, i'm working on a TV show, etc.  my depression is managed and i'm a happy person, but i don't enjoy things the way i used to.  now, when i sit down to game, none of my friends are online.  my friends in college might play a Fortnite match once a fortnight, but they don't get on DarkRP for five hours to cultivate a massive gang that takes on the admins.

maybe in another five years will put us out of college with enough free time to game together again.  we live all over the US now, so it's essentially our only option.  i'd give anything to get back spring weekends in Lancaster, tooling around downtown, having fun playing TTT, hosting movie nights, eating gas station fried chicken, roughhousing, watching the sun set at the pool, going to bed tired but satisfied.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:29:51 am by ralph »

Offline cantlivinalivingroom

• POWERFUL BAD BOY
  • Administrator
  • BE QUIET, BECAUSE CHURCH IS IN SESSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 01:52:44 am »
fuckin beautiful stuff ralph thats what its all about

Macbook Pro 15 Inch, Google Pixel 3 with Spigen Neo Hybrid Designed for Google Pixel 3 Case (2018) - Gunmetal

Offline VelvetSphincter

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 03:19:54 am »
Battle for bikini bottom was the shit. I miss the days when their was a new platformer made every year. I basicly quit gaming til the end of high school, because all I wanted was another banjo kazooie.

Will classic wow include burning crusade? Also if we make a guild we gotta be hoard. I wanna be a druid troll

I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends

Offline pongo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 05:04:28 am »
Will classic wow include burning crusade? Also if we make a guild we gotta be hoard. I wanna be a druid troll

no burning crusade and trolls cant be druids in vanilla n00b

Offline Mind Jelqer

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 01:46:56 pm »
snip

I'm driving from Southern California all the way to North Carolina in a month with my childhood friend to live with friends I've known for nearly a decade online. We've met up a couple times before. I love 'em like they were my brothers. We're approaching our late 20's now. Most of us don't play games with each other anymore, even though we talk in discord almost every single day, but the dream is still alive. My best days are still ahead of me. : )

I missed out on WoW. Never got into it. Everybody says vanilla was the best. Maybe I'll check it out. I'd like an MMO that I can play casually that actually has good raids.

Offline Graugluck

• bad boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 06:26:13 pm »
Re: Nostalgia a la ralph

Lately, my town has been having emo-nites at the local music space. Think of the scenester, hardcore music from 10-15 years ago. Kiddsixx. The headliner is usually a washed up member from one of the big guys from back then. They usually sort of suck. Last week was the singer from Chiodos; he forgot his guitar, sat down with what I assume was the 'house guitar,' and played 3 or 4 songs, mentioning frequently not wanting to go too late. Contrast with the no-names who showed up, probably for free, to play music they love(d). The guys are all of 30 years old and still put on a show that no one over the age of 16 should have any business enjoying.

I don't have a point that I'm making; I usually don't. Except that nostalgia crap is unscrupulous.

Offline VelvetSphincter

• Resident Small Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 07:47:47 pm »
Re: Nostalgia a la ralph

Lately, my town has been having emo-nites at the local music space. Think of the scenester, hardcore music from 10-15 years ago. Kiddsixx. The headliner is usually a washed up member from one of the big guys from back then. They usually sort of suck. Last week was the singer from Chiodos; he forgot his guitar, sat down with what I assume was the 'house guitar,' and played 3 or 4 songs, mentioning frequently not wanting to go too late. Contrast with the no-names who showed up, probably for free, to play music they love(d). The guys are all of 30 years old and still put on a show that no one over the age of 16 should have any business enjoying.

I don't have a point that I'm making; I usually don't. Except that nostalgia crap is unscrupulous.

you just had shitty taste in music. I was listening to Bauhaus in high school. Had no friends, but had impeccable musical taste.

I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends I post so much because I have no friends

Cv11en

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 12:34:05 am »
I really like Vanilla WoW. Played on a few private servers for a while but I never raided.
My first expansion was WotLK but I never raided then either.
When Classic drops I most likely wont have a stable internet connection but that's probably for the best lol

It's cool though, Vanilla forces you to actually interact with other players. Even at the lower levels there will be some drama queens and household names.
There was this guy who kept spamming general chat with "DUEL ME I'M THE BEST LVL 20 DRUID ON THE SERVER" and to this day me and my friends still joke about him.

Anyways if anyone ends up playing we should coordinate a server :)

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 12:34:05 am »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal