Author Topic: Carole King  (Read 91 times)

Offline Quate

• I want to fuck the Angry Birds!
    • View Profile
Carole King
« on: March 01, 2019, 11:45:16 pm »
Listen I'm not into Carole King enough for this to be my first topic here, but I discovered her recently thanks to The Simpsons s6e22 and damn she is good

Post your opinions on her discography, favorite songs by her, prove that her music isn't worth listening to, etc. If this vid made you feel anything or any emotion at all in your clamoring mood, waiting for the next scrap of meaning in a devoid blank slate of a weekend, then comment below, cuz ya know thumbs up for that
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 02:04:04 pm by Quate »

Powerful Bad Boys

Carole King
« on: March 01, 2019, 11:45:16 pm »

Offline UnverifiedPost

• Smoker
    • View Profile
Re: Carole King
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 08:33:06 am »
How was the episode?

I fucking ruined all the best shows, Simpson’s, Curb, etc, by watching them all with the ex wife. I’ve still never seen all of the Simpson’s which I feel like is important to do culturally. I don’t want to go back to that mindset though.

I’m a big jazz man, so I’ll give this a listen at a later and unspecified time. ;)
Who am I to judge? I am not God. I am the Damned.

Offline cantlivinalivingroom

• POWERFUL BAD BOY
  • Administrator
  • BE QUIET, BECAUSE CHURCH IS IN SESSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 12:09:50 pm »
ive never gotten too much into her but my gf loves her
she is a phenomenal piano player, very emotive

weyes blood is really good too shes kind of a modern equivalent

Macbook Pro 15 Inch, Google Pixel 3 with Spigen Neo Hybrid Designed for Google Pixel 3 Case (2018) - Gunmetal

Offline Quate

• I want to fuck the Angry Birds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 02:00:40 pm »
How was the episode?

I fucking ruined all the best shows, Simpson’s, Curb, etc, by watching them all with the ex wife. I’ve still never seen all of the Simpson’s which I feel like is important to do culturally. I don’t want to go back to that mindset though.

I’m a big jazz man, so I’ll give this a listen at a later and unspecified time. ;)

The episode was excellent, as almost all of the episodes from seasons 2-8ish are. The writing is magnificently funny. My main problem with modern comedy cartoons is that they're predictable. I can see every joke coming from 5 miles away. The Simpsons isn't like that. When it occasionally happens to have a predictable or well-worn joke, it still presents it in a unique, sometimes absurd way.

I watched all the episodes as a young, young kid, and faintly remember some of the plotlines on my current rewatch. Watching The Simpsons for me is like seeing an old friend and being able to immediately get back into it, skipping the "how you been, whatcha up to" pleasantries.

The Simpsons is also just feel-good. Like old tomes, most episodes have a "moral of the story" at the very end. Incredibly, the stories usually wrap up in the last 30 seconds or so of the episode. They use each second incredibly wisely and carefully - sometimes, wasting them carefully too, when Homer spends 45 seconds trying to figure out the connection between the phrases "Dental plan" and "Lisa needs braces."

Each episode from these seasons is long and meandering. They cover so much ground in so little time. They feel like two hours each, in a good way. They don't follow a strict A/B plot too often, especially in the early seasons. The vast array of characters enable the writers to conjure hundreds of thousands of pairwise interactions, each one unique and packed with comedic potential. Principal Skinner and Comic Book Guy. Groundskeeper Willie and Otto. Milhouse and Barney Gumble. Literally anything is possible in The Simpsons world.

Springfield itself is an ever-changing, consistency-free town. Our human brains, pleading for logic, become insanely confused when the nuclear power plant is, in one episode, far across town from the Simpsons' house, and in another, is literally adjacent to their backyard. This confusion, somehow, translates into humor, each and every time.

I'm sorry you have negative connotations associated with the show, but you should give it another try, sooner rather than later.

ive never gotten too much into her but my gf loves her
she is a phenomenal piano player, very emotive

weyes blood is really good too shes kind of a modern equivalent

Wow, that Weyes Blood song was incredible. Thank you very much for posting it. I'll continue to check them out.

Powerful Bad Boys

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 02:00:40 pm »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal